Volunteer and Committee PositionsDo you have talents and skills that could enhance our organization? Please get involved in helping the chamber make our community a better place to live and work. Join a committee, take part in a one-day project, or bring in a new member. Let’s work together to make Kailua the best it can be.
- Community Affairs/Development Committee: The Committee shall consider and report on all questions pertaining to commercial and industrial interest in Kailua, especially the establishment of new Businesses, manufacturing or commercial enterprises, other than those matters specifically assigned to other committees
- Legislative Committee: The Legislative Liaison Committee shall analyze and report on legislative proposals from municipal, state and federal bodies that would affect the civic and economic life of Kailua
- Membership Committee: The Membership Committee shall consider all applications for membership, make regular reports to the Board, assist in monitoring and encouraging attendance at KCOC functions, and in general establish a close relationship between all KCOC members.
- Retail Committee: The Retail Committee shall be composed of KCOC members who are engaged in the retail trade in Kailua. Its objective shall be to promote and encourage all matters pertaining to the welfare and betterment of retail business in Kailua.
- Awards/Events Committee: The Awards/Events Committee shall honor KCOC members, individuals from the Kailua community and businesses in several categories at the General Membership meeting in November. This committee also shall have responsibility for planning, supervising and executing any fund-raising event.
- Marketing/Communications Committee: This committee is in charge of marketing the chamber, maintaining the website and communicating the chamber's mission to existing members, potential members, and the community.
- Executive Committee/BOD - The Executive Committee shall review requests from staff and committees for new programs and/or changes to existing programs, including financial impact, develop a business plan for the following yea and perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board. Prior to the end of each fiscal year the Executive Committee, in consultation with the Treasurer, shall prepare and submit to the Board for its approval or modifications a budget for the next fiscal year.
- Visitors Center Volunteer - Visitors center volunteers work in the visitors center, interacting with walk in traffic and answering calls. It is your job to give directions, offer advice on places to go and things to do, as well as passing out resources and materials. This is a great opportunity for Realtors and other members who have businesses that require networking.